LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Kumar (thrheth)     14 November 2010

False Statements Delivered In Court


Could anyone tell me, if it is proved that one of the parties has been giving false statements in the court:

1. Under what section of the CRPC Act would he/she be charged with?

2. What would be the penalty (minimum/maximum) and other charges (imprisonment, etc .)?


 8 Replies

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     14 November 2010

Q.     Under what section of the CRPC Act would he/she be charged with?

Ans     u/s 340 r/w 195 CrPC R/w 181-182 IPC or others. depand upon offense

Q     What would be the penalty (minimum/maximum) and other charges (imprisonment, etc .)?

Ans       If it relates to 181 then upto 3 year and fine

             if it relates to 182 then Six month or fine upto 1000 or both

          if any other depand upon offense under which the trial commenced.


chanderKant Tyagi (Consultant)     15 November 2010

yup am agree with deepak... under section 340....

G.L.V.Ramana Murthy (Advocate)     16 November 2010

i agree with Mr.Deepak.


Sunil Kumar Sabat (Sr Manager (Legal))     16 November 2010

Deepak clarified your query, I think its sufficient.



Though false statement filed in court the parties cannot take any individual compliant or proceedings against these matters  That the presiding officer has to decide to initiate proceedings or not.

PARTHA P BORBORA (advocate)     20 November 2010

Mr. Ganeshan is very correct. parties can not take individual complaint.

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     29 November 2010

If   the   Presiding   officer   did   not   initiate    Proceedings.......Is    there     any   remedy     for     the   Petitioner??   Whether    He   will   file     a    Petition    before    the    Presiding   officer   or   not??


file a representation before the presiding officer.  If failed to initiate proceedings,  file a writ of mandamus before concerned Highcourt with relevant documents to accord sanction to proceed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads