Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fake gold for marriage. will it lead to any trouble later ?

Page no : 2

RJ (none)     25 July 2014

1. Old times - Only dowry existed, No inheritance was given, but now She has right for Inheritance.  so I decided to forgo dowry and give her Inheritance.

2. Now a days, many in-laws are giving streedhan as small gold-coin and a sari. Many have decided to not give jewlery. If her in-laws give streedhan, she chan give it back to them.

3. she wear imitaion or not is her decision, not mine.

4. She earns money from her job. She can buy jewelry if she later regrets. if a boy earns money, he buys car with his money, my daughter can follow the same logic and buy her things. 

5. More people had regreted giving dowry-than not giving dowry.

6. If my son wants give his future bride jewelry as streedhan, he will buy from his earning, I will advice him not give too much, but it has to be his decision.

7. My daughter is not their property,  parents will not forget her after marriage. Her earnings may be less than her husband's but she is very valuable to us.

8. if boy side cancels marriage for no apparent reason on the wedding day, are we going to get our money spent on wedding expenses back ? 

9. Mother-in-law may be greedy, and give importance to jewelry, because at her times she was given dowry as jewelry. My wife also recieved dowry. but no inheritance.

10. Thanks for the various opinions and thoughts, I am grateful to all the lawyers.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2014

You also cannot be told that what is the difference between :-

(i) dowry (as consideration for marriage) and customary gifts.

(ii) dowry/customary gifts  and streedhan.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     26 July 2014

1. Your proposal of giving fake gold ornaments is peculier,

2. It will land your daughter in to more personal trouble,

3. If you do not agree for dowry system, tell the otherside straight way,

4. They will either accept or reject the alliance but your daughter will be safe.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 July 2014

The author has been elaborately explained, advised and informed the likely consequences of his proposed act in this regard. Now the ball is in his court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 July 2014

author is actually confused and law has so solution for confusion.

·  Old times - Only dowry existed, No inheritance was given, but now She has right for Inheritance.  so I decided to forgo dowry and give her Inheritance.

You are yet to understand the difference between :-

(i) dowry (as considertion for marriage) and customary gifts.

Many girls do not accept inheritance despite no dowry in marraig eand many are demanding this despite heavy jewellery and property given in dowry.  Atleast of marriage of her own children they expect heavy donation from their brothers irrespective of the Qty of dowry.

·  Now a days, many in-laws are giving streedhan as small gold-coin and a sari. Many have decided to not give jewlery. If her in-laws give streedhan, she chan give it back to them.

Many are givng heavy jewellery and many are not giving any jewellery not even the coin. 

But none is heard of saying that he will given imitation jewellery (use a sadistic word as “fake” for the same) just because he is against dowry.  This was he will temporarily save his honour and put his daughter to disadvantage as compared to other ladies.

You have commented nothing if jewellery of your daughter-im-law is being given by you as real or imitation (what you call fake)

·  she wear imitaion or not is her decision, not mine.

I believe she has no choice.She fannot fight with you right now.

Many women buy imitation jewellery due to unsafe being on the roads.

·  She earns money from her job. She can buy jewelry if she later regrets. if a boy earns money, he buys car with his money, my daughter can follow the same logic and buy her things.

Then why are you buying even imitation jwellery. It is available on rent.

·  More people had regreted giving dowry-than not giving dowry.

You have selected a family for your daughter which has already shown wedding photographs of their daughter and the Qty of gold and also specified the jeweller also (most unsuasual behaviour).  Further youy  are addition your own concept which is 180 degree opposite.

So as far as you are concerned you have to regret either way.

By the way when such an album was shown to you then what prevented you to immediately:-

(i)     Tell them you will give no jewellery.

(ii)    Request them to give no jewellery.

·  If my son wants give his future bride jewelry as streedhan, he will buy from his earning, I will advice him not give too much, but it has to be his decision.

I think facing a father like you he has no choice.

By the way when you are not spending then who are you  to specify how much gold he should buy for his wife.

By the way have you told your daughter’s in-law to give only small Qty of gold.

·  My daughter is not their property,  parents will not forget her after marriage. Her earnings may be less than her husband's but she is very valuable to us.

After marriage why/how her earning will be valuable to you.

·  if boy side cancels marriage for no apparent reason on the wedding day, are we going to get our money spent on wedding expenses back ? 

Why you want marriage to be cancelled on wedding day. Are you working hard for the same.

It is subjective mater if you get expenses back and how much you get.

Facts given by you indicate that heavy and costly jewellery stands demanded and you have not refuted the demand.

(Guest)

I agree with the points of mr.tajob and mr.sudhir.

The author cum father of a wedding daughter is making fuss out of nothing..

1. He had forget that being a father of a daughter even a chai wala also give a real jwellery to her daughter on her marriage whether it's a Rs.2000/- or 20000/- it doesn't matter. He presents a token of love according to his earning and status but he doesn't say that I will give imitated jewellery because iam against dowry.

2. I feel sad after reading the comments from the author that he is mismatching the marriage with the matterialistic ornaments. He will come to know after few years when his own daughter will curse him for sowing the seeds of abhor among all family members.

3. I don't know why he has earned and for what he had earned? Any parents earn for the happiness of their childrens and whole family but here i can smell the discrimination of daughter from the rest of the family.

4. My kind request to you don't marry your daughter with fake thinking or else one more 498a and dva will be in pipeline in coming future from your end only.

5. Daughter's are not made for your headache of kanyadan only but they are the laxmis who could not be left without their original attire and I gues your fake ornaments will only rise the question of selfishness and nothing else.

6. After marriage of a girl the gotr, dharam, parivar all becomes different for her , she has to think for her family that is her husband, children and his parents. So, if you interfere in their life after marriage then surely you are going to ruin your own daughters life.

7. Dowry is a customary crime but giving original jwellery to your daughter doesn't comes under dowry. Its again a momento of love which is given by any father on this earth on the occasion of her marriage.

It's time for reconsideration.....

Good luck))

ESIS

@ Every Sufferer is a Survivor

You have observed that :-

"Dowry is a customary crime but giving original jwellery to your daughter doesn't comes under dowry. Its again a momento of love which is given by any father on this earth on the occasion of her marriage."

These are goldern words to explain what I said and repeat as under :-

You also cannot be told that what is the difference between :-

(i) dowry (as considertion for marriage) and customary gifts.