LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik Nandy (manager)     02 August 2011

Fair rent case

I am staying in central kolkata and the dwelling unit along with tenant occupied portion was purchased by me in july'2010 , in my building two tenants occupaying two rooms at 2nd floor  with separate toilet cum latrine (wherein they are staying since 1977)  are paying monthly rent @ Rs.26/- per month to me  , now neither they are willing to increase rent nor to surrender the rooms ,meanwhile i got four letter of intent  from some of my neighbours to rent in the rooms at a cost of Rs. 5500/-(min) to Rs.7500/- (max) per month. In context to my proposals they are thereting me to go to Kolkata Rent control , moreover they are unlawfully doing renovation jobs without structural changes, forcefully (by using some ploitical influence and muscle power ) restricting me to use some common balcony passage in 2nd floor ( saying it is their occupied portion- as there is no lease agreement made by the earlier landlord )hence as a LL i am being victimised and things are completly unjustified,  Kindly suggest best possiable action to be taken up.

Learning

1 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     03 August 2011

you can terminate the rent agreement by giving statutory notice u/s 106 of Transfer of Property act and call upon him to vacate the premises. Now a days courts are liberal and most of the states amended laws in favour of LL.

Pl Note: I am not conversant with laws prevailing in Kolkatta. I have adviced you in the context of central and Karnataka state laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register