Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandip Gawde (Executive - HR)     14 March 2013

Experience certificate from employer

Hello,

Is there any law i.e. dead line for issue a Experience Letter by Employer to Employee.

i have arise this question because some companies unnecessary delay to issue a Experience Certificate & Harrase the employees.

If you can help me on this topic.

Thanks

Sandip Gawade.

Learning

7 Replies

CA Ayush Agrawal (Chartered Accountant)     14 March 2013

No Such Deadline as Per My Knowledge. 

Other Views are Solicited.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     14 March 2013

no fixed time limit for it.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 March 2013

As per IESO Act/Model Standing orders the service certificate should be handed over by last day in office.

16.  Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent  workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under  this  Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of  dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

Attached File : 142141187 model%20standing%20orders.doc downloaded: 123 times

CA Ayush Agrawal (Chartered Accountant)     15 March 2013

Dear Kumar,

Thanks for Updating My Knowledge.

https://hrylabour.gov.in/docs/labourActpdfdocs/

Industrial_Employment_Rules.pdf

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2013

Dear Ayush,

You are welcome.

suresh (Consultant)     15 March 2013

Dear Sir/  Madam,

I am an ex-employee of a Top Indian IT MNC.I worked with the company from Sep-2009 to Jan-2011.I am planning to apply for a visa and for which I require a reference letter from that employer quoting the roles & responsibilities and kind of job  I have played during my tenure.At the time of relieving,I have received a experience letter quoting the duration and designation.This experience letter is not sufficient.I have requested my ex-employer to issue a letter quoting the roles & responsibilities I have played.The didn't reply back to my email.I again I sent a email to another HR.She called me within 24 hrs  and said that as per the company protocol they should not reply to external emails and so she called me.She politely said  that,she cannot issue the reference letter as per the company protocol.Please suggest me ,if they is any clause in indian law,as per which I can take legal action to get the letter.

Thanks in Advance

Suresh

Vicky Shah (Founder)     27 March 2013

Suresh,

When you were appointed you would have got an appointment letter. This letter generally contains the job descritipon and roles and responsibility.

They are not obligated to give you a reference letter after you are releived.

Regards,

Vicky Shah

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register