Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     12 November 2012

Expericence certificates

Dear Sir, 

I was working with B. Mehtalia Consultants in mumbai as HVAC design engineer in 2008-2010 on retainership basis. I resigned and given resignation letter to Mr. Kapse, (HOD) he told me verbally that i have been relieved and I went to Qatar.  I worked 15 days after resignation thinking my notice period of 30 days but could not able to continue I went to Qatar.. I do not recieved any relieving letter and exeperince certificate from them though my wife in mumbai claimed in their office in 2008. After 2-3 years now I am in saudi arabia working with other company. I may land in trouble if I do not get this . 

I contacted them recently and they claim that they do not have any resignation letter in their record which means I am runaway candidate.. 

Now Mr. kapse left that company .. Is this cheating against me ..  How to approach them to get experince letter.. 

Please reply urgently ... I am ready to spend any amount to get my experiece certifcate.

Thanks and regards, 

Kapil Pandit

Learning

13 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     13 November 2012

ISSUE NOTICE , INFORMING ALL DETAILS 

ASK FOR CERT

File suit  later 

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     14 November 2012

Dear Kapil Pandit. There are many people who get excited on simple a problem and you being a qualified Engineer do not know that there in nothing in the world like verbal assurance or agreement. Since you left the job and after 4 years need the experience certificate and you do not even know that offices are not run buy the individuals so if your previous HRD Manager had left the department it does not mean that the whole department has collapsed but definitely for experience certificate you will have to spend you energy and time hence my suggestion is that if you really need that certificate then only try for that otherwise leave it and carry on with you present job.

If you go for suit in the court in India then I am afraid that you will be left with only disappointment at the end.

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     14 November 2012

Sir, by declaring me as absconding candidate, I am not able to apply in india for any jobs or they are not considering my candidature since 2 years gap due to non-availibility of certificates. Secondaly, they may file case against me for damages though they have not done and I will land in trouble in india. I was working on one works contract and they say that still that project is not finished. They have even not given me relieving letter. If I loose also, I will not have any relation to them in future or any civil,criminal charges against me in future, I am looking for that from you.. If reverse let me get help from you to build the case. 

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     14 November 2012

Nobody can force me to work . In that company, they never consider me as a qualified engineer. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 November 2012

Learned experts/members have given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

You have posted that:

--“I contacted them recently and they claim that they do not have any resignation letter in their record which means I am runaway candidate..”

The above statement shows that all the queries and all the responses are verbal and by guess. If company has declared you runaway or absconding it has to follow a process by issuing notices by letter/email etc, final notice, legal notice and good companies may publish in newspaper as well.

Apparently the person who has stated {verbally or in writing} that they do not have any resignation letter in their record which means I am runaway candidate, has looked into your personnel file and conveyed. This also implies that there is doc in your file on record asking you to resume duty and declaring you absconding.

You may approach good offices of your company and request them to allow you to examine your personnel file.

Employee should not be declared absconding by doubt or guess.

--“ I do not recieved any relieving letter and exeperince certificate from them though my wife in mumbai claimed in their office in 2008.”

Apparently you wish to mention that your wife has represented on your behalf however did yu submit any written representation to good offices of your company?

--“ I resigned and given resignation letter to Mr. Kapse, (HOD) he told me verbally that i have been relieved and I went to Qatar.  I worked 15 days after resignation thinking my notice period of 30 days but could not able to continue I went to Qatar..”

Employee is to submit notice/resignation to competent employee and Head-HR is competent by all counts. This Head-HR should have processed your notice within office hours of the same day notice was submitted and should have supplied the acknowledgment to you and within reasonable time say 3 days should have educated you on exit formalities.

On the other hand you should have submitted notice under proper acknowledgment.

Some of the other HR personnel still in the company may be able to clarify where the notice got stuck up and why it did not get inserted in your personnel file.

You may now approach good offices and narrate all of your previous representations in writing and build favorable record, and appeal to issue the requisite docs e.g. FNF statement, acceptance of resignation, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter, form 16, PF number, attested copies of PF withdrawal/transfer forms, etc….

With proper follow up you may be able to resolve the matter. Remain amiable and have patience.

You may affirm to tender notice pay of 15 days and request to adjust in FNF statement.

It shall be appropriate to show all of your docs to a competent and experienced service lawyer/labor consultant and submit carefully structured representations to good offices.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     15 November 2012

Mr Pandit, first of all the world has become do different these days that hardly someone would guide you in a proper way. You must have observed that the learneds write a one liner and then they go into exile to never come back. You on your part did not divulge that why you needed the erstwhile experience certificate when it is no more needed for you because you are already employed but now have come up with another story which states that you did not resign properly from your previous employment in the year 2008. You are also not aware that what action the compnay had initiated against you during your absence and certainly that company would not give you any information because you are not their employee now and the HR department in India do not maintain the Human Relations but it behaves in a sadistic nature just to harass their employees when they are in distress.

Ask them everything in writing and dont send your wife in their office because she would be reidiculed by some digusting staff. You can correspond with your previous employer in English, in Marathi or in Hindi. So start asking them the status and do not just guess anything as another gentleman has righly pointed out.

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     15 November 2012

Look Sir, 

For getting IQAMA ie Resident permit in saudi arabia I require the experince certificate that to be attested by mantralaya in mumbai, saudi culture emabasy in india and then here in saudi arabia too . Long process may require 2 months. India rules are moderate, here strict rules. I can not pay bribe to saudi authority or produce a fake certificate.

Check following website 

https://www.saudieng.org/sites/SeArabic/upskills/Documents/2011/manual-en.pdf

Fees for professtional engineers are 2300 SR = 33350 RS. Clearly if you try to fil the application it asks whether it is for new IQAMA or renewal. For new IQAMA degree certificate,visa only required but for renewal all other documents should be complete. Otherwise, start here as a fresher. Why should I work as a fresher if I have experience. What is your defination of experience for engineers?

I have do it otherwise jail and heavy fine .. 

Please help all.. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2012

You must be having the appointment letter, salary slips, PF number, PF account slips, Form 16 for previous years, ESIC card { if applicable}, copy of your resignation submitting to your Head-HR.If you have you can not be accused of claiming fake experience.

You need to get FNF statement, last salary slip, last PF account slip {or for all years}, acceptance of resignation, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter { quote dates of joining and date of leaving}, form 16 for last year, PF number, attested copies of PF withdrawal/transfer forms, etc…

With proper follow up you may be able to resolve the matter. Remain amiable and have patience. Start the process by writing under acknowledgment to good offices of appointing authority, MD, Company Secretary, and you may quote your employee code number, and enclose copy of your resignation, and narrate the whole incidence and follow up by your wife {quote dates and quote only if correct dates are available with name of company personnel}, and demand all pending docs and FNF settlement. If you have also made some calls, sent emails you may quote the same. Employee must apply exceptional levels of persuasion, persistence, reasoning, negotiation skills and resolve the matter in his favor. Clear the apprehensions of your employer and make the matter crystal clear that you had resigned by handing over the resignation letter to Good office of the company { Head-HR is a good office}with absolute trust and faith in good office and followed up during the notice period { quote all names in line management, HR}, and requested your better half{wife } to represent you which she did and no one claimed from company in verbal or in writing that your resignation letter has not been processed and no communication was ever supplied to you despite follow ups.

You may fine tune your representations as suitable to you and as deemed fit at your end as you are closest to the facts.

It shall be appropriate to show all of your docs to a competent and experienced service lawyer/labor consultant and submit carefully structured representations to good offices.

Relieving letter is issued by the company after all accounts are settled. Hence your FNF a/c should be settled. While you may have to tender notice Pay Company has to disburse salary for the period you have worked, incentives etc, encash paid leave etc.

You may affirm to tender notice pay of 15 days and request to adjust in FNF statement.

In a given situation employee can invoke the provisions of Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act, ID Act, SE Act, Payment of Wages Act…..etc as per explanation of employee under these enactments or approach a civil court.

Designation alone does not decide employee is a workman or not. Your lawyer may opine that you fall within the category of workman or not. If the employee is a workman the choice available to employer is limited.

Even if you are not a workman employer should declare the employee absconding which is misconduct after issuing notices and following the due process which apparently has not been followed.

Employer should communicate with employee thru reliable and effective modes of communication e.g. redg/speed post, telegramme, courier of repute, email { you stand a better chance if your personal email id was in record of employer}.Employer which has not communicated a thing may seek refuge by claiming that letter by ordinary post was sent however it may not cut the ice with courts of law, or lawful authority.

Moreover you have posted that ““I contacted them recently and they claim that they do not have any resignation letter in their record which means I am runaway candidate..”

Implying that the concerned company personnel are guessing and do not have any notice/legal notice/newspaper publication and inquiry report and decision of the company declaring you absconding and hence termination order in your personnel file.

SE Act Bombay:

“S.66  -  Discharge   of   an   employee   without   notice  -  Relief   of   reinstatement   and back    wages  -Termination        of  an  employee     without   notice 

As per Industrial Employment standing Orders Act employer should provide service certificate and payment of due wages on last day in office. You may check if your establishment is covered under the Act and also if the company had its certified standing orders and these were extended to your designation or not. Company should display standing orders at the notice board/near gate and should supply to employee against nominal fee say Rs.10/. If certified standing orders were not framed model standing orders shall apply.

You may find the attachments useful.

If your establishment is covered under SE Act the employer has to maintain all record and registers and thus it should include notice of termination.

SE Act Bombay:

бб.Notice      of   termination   of   service.

As per SE Act if employee has not tendered notice of resignation the employer can deduct notice pay.

Attached File : 625326570 the bombay shops establishments act.pdf, 625326570 model%20standing%20orders.doc downloaded: 129 times

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     15 November 2012

Mr Pandit you are gradually opening up with your real problem that you needed Resident permit  which is IQAMA in Arabic. But there is another question left  that are you still on Entry Permit? Did you not complete 30 days of your temporary residence which is granted with the Entry Visa and within 30 days or so you had to acquire RP. Since you are Graduate Engineer hence require accredition in S.A. but I do not think that the experience certificate is included because as per Qatar, UAE, Bahrain etc Gulf only University level certificates need to be ratified by the Mantralaya.

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     16 November 2012

No, I have resident permit already I have completed most 11 months now looking to get renewal of IQAMA. See, If all documents are complete it will be always better . Secondaly, there is exam for PE which requires 4 years of expeirince after graduation. PE certificate can be a great advantage for me.. I am 30 years old, I have worked in different companies, in india and in Qatar as well. But I have no single experience certificate has been issued by those compnies though I have completed 1 year of service atleast. I am fed up with this.. I am working in construction feild where there was great recession you are aware of. 

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     16 November 2012

Mr Pandit allow me some time as I do not have internet connection in my room and had to depend on free connection from some of the friends. I need some time to sturdy the circular which you have sipplied. Regards.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2023

What is the purpose of posting this message in this forum ?

Are you solving any issue?

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     09 November 2023

Who are you. Give me your licence no. Issued by bar council . Where you seat? I Mean which court. ? Kapse is cruel evil Person. He has distroyed my life. He has worked over the years on pirated software. Earn lot of money. He has taken advatage on many weaknesses of me. You will never give me justice. I will never get my experience certificate. I know you need money from me. Get lost if you can not help me. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register