LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Esonique (Researcher )     10 October 2014

Expat divorce cost and length of time



What is the procedure to apply for the expat divorce and how long does it take? How much will be the cost involved? How soon should I start the proceeding?



If both me and my spouse agree for a mutual consent divorce, then can I get divorced quickly?


 3 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     10 October 2014

What is expat divorce? Or do u mean ex party divorce?


MCD will take 6 months..6 months is the mandatory cooling off period.

Deenupriya (--)     10 October 2014

All depend on the ability of lawyer but obviously six months is required for the motions you can contact my lawyer after 6 year war i found her and as soon as she enter in my case she solved in just some months and that too so easily ,she is a real expert believe me.She is having great convincing power and is a third generation lawyer in her family.She is superb and i m thankful to her.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     11 October 2014

You had some other thread also on this forum.  Picking the facts from there, I am responding.  Ex-partee divorce is neither a procedure nor a matter of right to the petitioner.  You file a petition giving the correct address of your husband (which is last known to you).  If he accepts the court notice and does not appear in the court, then waiting for two to three dates, the court will start proceedings ex-partee.  If the notice is not properly served or the notice comes back with the endorsement that the address is wrong or addressee is not available, then again you have to send notice to him.  This happens two to three times.  Later on you move an application seeking permission to publish the court notice in the news paper.  Once after it is published, he will not come to court then the court proceeds ex-partee.  After expartee proceedings within four to five months, the case will be decided.  In ex-partee case also you have to prove the factum of marriage and the desertion without reasonable cause.  Once court believes these two facts, then only divorce will be granted. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query