LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harita (nil)     10 July 2015

Executant death after agreement 2 sel coupled irrevcable gpa

My father Registered "Agreement to sell coupled irrevocable GPA with pocession" in 2006 with my father's brother on two plots (vacant land) . Later expired in 2010. Registar advised to excute a registered sale deed to self or third party. he says my father's brother and my father's legal hires all people togeather can execute this saledeed to self or third party

my question is can my father brother sell the property with out informing us?

Can he demand for more amount other then the amount given before at the time  "Agreement to sell coupled irrevocable GPA with pocession" with my father?

What other issues might he(father's brother) have after this regisatration?

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 July 2015

1. Agreement to Sell is yet to see the final day i.e., it attains finality with execution and registeration of title documents qua property, till then it might have expired.

2. GPA can be cancelled by executor any time, whatsoever, it expires with the grantor.

3. Issue legal notice to the vendee (Purchaser) for handing over physical vacant possession of the property. If he (vendee) do not hand over, file a suit for possession, damages, mesne profits and permanent injunction with declaration of the GPA & Agreement to Sell as null and void.

4. For further inquiry and advise/proceeding consult and engage a local prudent lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register