LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Software)     02 May 2012

Ex-colleague not returning <oney

Five years back (around Nov, 2008), I gave Rs.35,000 to one of my ex-colleague as he was running short of money for his marriage. He promised me to return back the money in a month. He gave me two cheques for Rs. 17.500, I deposited the same in the bank but those two cheques bounced back. After 4 years he gave me another cheque of Rs. 35,000 and told me to deposit in the beginning of some month. But before depositing the cheque, I somehow managed to inquire about the balance in his account, it was in negative (Pls note the cheque given was from different account than before). Then one day he called me saying not to deposit the cheque, will give Rs.10,000 by evening, which he did.

Since then I have been following up with him for the remaining Rs. 25,000 but he gives some or the other excuse. I have my bank statement which shows Rs. 35,000 transferred to his account, I have mails which I have written to him, his replies, I also have SMSes.

Now, I request you to suggest me what could be the legal way of handling this issue. I will be very grateful to you.

Learning

2 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 May 2012

Solve the matter personally otherwise it is time barred.

Rahul (Software)     02 May 2012

I would not have come to this forum if this could have been solved personally. Its high time now so seeking some legal advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register