LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh   23 January 2023

Ews reservation!

My father is one of the 8 sons of my Grandfather, some of them have died. We own two residential flats of 600 gaj cobined. The papers of the property have names of my Grandfather and Grandmother respectively. Before dying when dividing his assets, grandfather made a will in the name of my father granting him these two flats after his death. He died 10 years ago. But in papers of property, only his name is there. Am I eligible for EWS? When we went to the concerned government official, he said that you'll have to produce a paper, in which all your  uncles sign on the claim that they have also share in this property. But my uncles are unwilling. Can my father's sisters sign? They are willing.

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 January 2023

When there is will in the name of yourf ather why would you need sign of others if that is not condition in will .

Just probate the will through court and transfer the proeprty in your fathers name.

Ashutosh   23 January 2023

The trick here is that our property exceeds the criteria of EWS reservation. Is that property counted in my father's name, while considering my eligibility for EWS? IF not, then that's a good thing for me!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register