Evidence at the time of discharge application

BI Consultant

Hi ,


Police submitted charge sheet to court under 498a, 323, 504, 506, r/w 3&4 of DP Act. But it contains only complainant & her relatives statement and marriage photos as evidence.


I am applying for discharge as there are many contradiction b/w FIR, Chargesheet & witness statement, Please advice if i can submit below few material evidence at the time of filing discharge application.

1. House purchase document in UK which is in my & my wife name.

2. My wife used to travel India trip from uk in business class 

3. Email from her before filling FIR which states she was having lavish life.

I am asking this question since her all allegation is about giving 5 lakhs cash and customary gifts at the time of marriage which they are claiming as dowry.



Thanks in advance.


Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Yes. You can very well argue in the court of law with all your materials evidences for the discharge of the case. 


Dear ramachary sir, 

What I understood from the internet research and other sources that evidences will not be entertained under discharge petition. They can only be used during the trial. The discharge petition is filed purely based on legal grounds with just FIR and chargesheet attached and can be discharged if prima facie is not made on the accused considering the details in FIR/chargesheet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505

Dear Naveen,


At the stage of Charge either you can argue or file discharge application bringing contradictions in FIR, chargesheet and statements of witnesses. court would not allow you to file documents if it will be allowed then it cannot be looked into at this stage.


Rajiv Bhasin 







498 A discharge  application can be filed any stage of the proceedings as par section 245 of crpc, it can also be filed before framing of the charges u/s 239 crpc.grounds of discharge should be mentioned in detail and also see that no prima facie is made out.

Regarding the evidences the court may not allow in the initial stages and U can produce them as and when deemed fit to be submitted.


BI Consultant

Many thanks for your response Ramachary, 498avictim, Rajiv & Sainath.





Naveen ji, I am no learned person regarding law, but I would think twice before giving proof of my property in UK to an Indian court of Law as it won't be long when the woman starts trying to grab that too from you...would ask a few more legal professionals before proceeding regarding this...

BI Consultant

Thanks Naives ji,  Thats a valid point to consider.

But in my case she can get those documents, also i got AB when i was in UK based on those documents but that was in session court and my case/discharge application is in magistrate court.

Total likes : 1 times


That reminds.  Naives is not all that naive on these aspects. He has a valid point to be taken care of, but unfortunately the querist has already revealed all his details in advance, so there is no issue about it now.  However there is no need to produce any documentary evidence at discharge stage.  It is a matter of trial. Secure them for use at a later stage.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x