LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

undisclosed (undisclosed)     13 July 2009

Equal right to ancestral land?

We're 4 sons .... do we all have equal right to ancestral land currently in the name of father and mother?

basically, I've had some issues with my father, and he refuses to give me a share .. can he do that?

What's the relevant law here? We're in Kerala.

Learning

2 Replies

saumit joshi (advocate)     14 July 2009

In case of ancestral property you must have right our property, But  in your father's self-aquired property you  cant right over it.

Deepu Krishna (Engineer)     16 July 2009

More Details:

1. We have an ancestral property which is transferred from my Great-grand father to my Grand father1 and then to my father after my grand-father1's death.

2.We have also a property which is purchased by my Grand father1 and then transferred to my father after my grand-father's death.

3. We have also a property which is purchased by my Father on his own.

Now, my father's elder sister (Expired in 1981) son and daughters  and my father's younger sister(alive) together filed a case against all the above said properties.

Do they have rights to claim the property?

My father gifted a site of (30 x 40) to his younger sister as "Stridhana" titled.

My grandfather2 expired in 1958.

My grandfather1 expired in 1960.

Please help me in this concern

Do they have claims in the above said property? If so, what is their shares?

Family Tree:

Great-Grand Father
                                                                                 ↓ Had 2 sons
                                                  Grand Father1    ← → Grand Father2 (Lived in a joint family)
(Whole property was in the name of GF1) ↓                      │ Has 4 siblings
                                                     (No siblings)                   │
                                                                                             ▼
    Sis1(Expired in 1981) – My Father (Alive) –sis2 (Not questioning- Expired) –Sis3 (Alive - Party2) 
                  │Has 3 siblings
                  ▼
 Daughter1 –Son- Daughter2 (All alive – Party1)

Note:
1.      The above said properties are transferred from my GF1 to my father.
2.      My father owns position of all the properties.

Attached File : 13 more details.doc downloaded: 127 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register