LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijaykumar (Legal Offier)     13 January 2016

Epf nominee

Respected Experts, 

I have a query w.r.t change on nominee for the PF A/c, Gratuity, LIC policies. In the present case, a woman employee passed away in April, 2015. Her husband is the nominee for the PF, Gratuity, LIC ploicies. The parents (the Complainants) of the deceased have filed a complaint under Sec. 306 and 498A of IPC against her husband and the matter is sub judice.  I would like to know if the complainants can get the nominee changed for the PF A/c, Gratuity and LIC policies? The deceased have 3 kids the oldest being 10 years old. The are in safe custody of the complainants. Is there anyway to approach the PF & LIC directly to stay the husband's claim and change the nominee either in favour of kids or the complainants as dependant parents before the amount is disbursed? If yes, then I'd really appreciate if anyone could provide me with the procedural aspect in this matter. Thanking you in anticipation. 





 2 Replies

jagannath magar   13 January 2016

You immediately raise objection before concerned authorities for the nondisbursement of due claims and file application for succession certificate eith help of ur lawyer.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 January 2016

The owner of the policy can change the nominee.


The nominee is not the owner but a mere trustee.

The woman is legitimate wife as on date of death.The cases are dead with death.

The husband being nominee can be paid and shall have to share it with other legal heirs e.g. sons/daughters.


Yu may wait for the advise of other experts.



1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register