Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P S Chatterjee (Student)     08 September 2011

Enrolment of lawyer

Sir/Mam,

I visitied the West Bengal Bar Council for enrolment after completing my LL.B from North Orissa University in this year. I was told that all original testimonials are to be submitted for enrolment for their necessary administrative work. I have also learnt that the documents may remain with them for approximately 3 months. This may deprive me of any potential job opportunities during this period. As I do not to wait for indefinite time or waste my valuable time for getting a job, I want to get my self registered and gain some experience in practice. 

Therefore please advice me whether I can convince the recruiting authorities that my original doucments are deposited with Bar Council and I would provide it as and when it would be available to me.

Thanks

PC 

Learning

1 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 September 2011

You have to make up your mind.  Whether you want to practice as an Advocate or you want to get into any job.

If you want to practice as an Advocate, your argument that in the meanwhile I will not be able to apply for any job without the certificate will not arise.

If you want to seek any job, then better drop the idea of getting enrolled as an Advocate. In any case, even after getting enrolled with the State Bar Council, you have to clear the All India Bar Examination before you could practice as a full-fledged Advocate.

Therefore you have to make a clear decision.

Making a clear decision is one of the essential requirements to be a good lawyer!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register