LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Manager)     06 July 2013

Enormous powers in law lead 2 boys in jail - is justified

IPC sections 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 364 A (kidnapping for ransom), 392 (punishment for robbery) and 114 (abettor present when offence is committed).

I have been following a case closely , which  seems to be a Typical example of enormous powers in Law – where in two boys who actually did not reported the accident to police to save the Job of Bus Driver , fall into the trap because of lack on knowledge, A kind act lead them to jail.

Mumbai Mirror Bureau ; 8th Jun’13

‘The accused drove the man to various places till his brother arranged for Rs 15,000.

In a road rage incident in Mankhurd on Thursday, two people assaulted a bus driver and then abducted him for a ransom. The driver was taken for a ride till his brother gave the accused Rs 15,000. The duo,

who denied kidnapping and claimed the victim came with them on his own, were arrested the next day.

The bizarre incident kicked off when an MSRTC bus brushed against a Honda City car at T junction in Mankhurd around 9.30 pm. Vinod Dabale (26) and Mrityunjay Garg (25), who were in the car, then assaulted Mauli Prabhakar Bhadge (30), driver of the bus. Fearing for his life, Bhadge handed over his debit card to the duo while Dabale and Garg made him sit inside the car. They first took him to Maitri Park in Chembur to an ATM, but didn't find enough money in his account. They then called his brother in Pune and told him to bring Rs 15,000. The accused, residents of Navi Mumbai, also took Bhadke to a restaurant at Vashi, where they had dinner and alcohol. Finally, Bhadge was taken to their office in Nerul. He was released at 3.30 am on Friday, but only after his brother came to Nerul with the money.

"The car tried to overtake my bus and the two collided. They were enraged by the dent and told me to get down. They then took me to several places. Before letting me go, they took my mobile phone and licence. The bus was coming from Shivaji Nagar, Pune and going to Dadar," said Bhadge.

After the incident, the victim went to many police stations in the early hours of Friday. A case was finally registered in Mankhurd. The accused were arrested from Nerul.

"They claimed that they just wanted to recover their loss. The bus was recovered from the spot of accident in Mankhurd. At the time, there were a few passengers in the bus but no conductor or cleaner," said senior inspector Shankarsingh Rajput.

The accused have been booked under IPC sections 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 364 A (kidnapping for ransom), 392 (punishment for robbery) and 114 (abettor present when offence is committed).

Parents of the accused, who came to the police station later, however claimed the victim himself offered to come with them till the money was arranged for. "They didn't assault him or kidnap him. My son told me that Bhadge had dinner with them," said Vijay (49), father of Dabale. "My son runs a call centre in Nerul and he is not a criminal. He is being framed ."

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register