LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Tekwani (Consultantd)     12 July 2011

Engagement Broken - Threat of dowry act

Hello Everyone.... i was engaged on may last week and due to insulting conduct by my father in law, I called off the engagement after 10 days. Her dad is a sub inspector. he is now applying police pressure and making me run through different police stations. First he complained about me andnow he has complained against my mom and my aunty...mentioning that we demanded dowry and he has attached bills worth of 80k as claim. He is completly lying about the dowry thing and he doesnt have any proof for the same. Now the polcie have called my family and me taken statements number of times.

I am a IT professional and work out of mumbai and my parents are staying in mumbai. They are going thru a lot of mental pressure.

Any guidance on how to tackle this case further. Can the father in law file a FIR stating dowry?

Will there be any arrest to me or family?

If i need to travel abroad for assignment, can I do that even if they file a criminal case against me?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

V

Learning

1 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     12 July 2011

if father in law filed FIR, you must take AB, same time you may make complaint against them for threating and insulting,, after that you may send the legal notice to them and may filed the case with your complaint fir copy, or you may complaint in mumbai DGP and collector and commission of police to telegram regarding what you said.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register