FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Majhi   24 April 2022

Employer refusing to pay my salary

Hello experts
I was working in a startup company where after receiving my 1st month salary my salary was put on hold due to some problems... Gradually the work was also stopped but we were expecting the work to resume but that didn't happen and because of not having much work after 2.5 months of not receiving any salary and being ignored by the employer i decided to resign the company and now he is not ready to pay any salary during final settlement... i have wasted my 2.5 months here and even in my experience letter he mentioned that i left the work 2.5 months earlier only.
kindly help me i don't know what are my rights and how can i proceed.
I'm from Srikakulam (AP) and my employer is from Mumbai ... I cannot travel to mumbai for filing case and fight there.
plz guide me.. thankyou


 3 Replies


hello sir according to your query you can file FIR in your company 420 467 468 479 471 and section 120 b Indian panel code you can file is civil suit in your company for get your salary and you can go to the labour Court according to labour salary and wages act further query please contact me immediately
1 Like

Manoj Majhi   24 April 2022

@ADVOCATE KUNAL SHARMA sir thankyou for your reply
My employer told me as there was not much work in these 2.5 months I'm not going to pay you any wages, but I was waiting for the work to resume and that is reason I didn't left the company at that time, after 2.5 months he started ignoring my calls and messages so i thought it's better to leave the company.
Now he is saying when there was not much work for you why are you asking salary and he also manipulated the dates in my experience letter i left the company in the last week of March but the mentioned i left the company in 1st FEB.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 April 2022

Consult and engage  a local prudent lawyer for issuance of legal notice under section 33 of the Industrial Dipsutes Act, 1947 (if appplicable in your case) and necessary proceeding.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query