Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Service)     08 March 2008

Employer not signing PF withdrawal/ transfer form


I am serving in a pvt. ltd. company in HR department. My employer does not sign the PF withdrawal forms of the left employees those who have opted for withdrawal/ transfer of their PF accounts.

What should be the stand of the employee? Is there any law which has a time frame binding on employer? Can the employee file a case in labour court?




 7 Replies

partharajagopal (HR)     08 March 2008

hi Deepak, If employer is not signing ,he / she can get the sign of gazzeted officers working in customs,it or mla and can fwd the form to pf office. Employee can also approach pf authorities also for not fwding the forms regards partha

hrkalyan (n/a)     08 March 2008

Hi Deepak The affected employee can approach the Enforcement officer of EPF/Regional PF Commissioner and give a written complaint. In many cases, employees are opting not to withdraw as they get higher percentage of interest in PF than banks..!! Thanks & Regards Kalyan R

Vijay (Service)     08 March 2008

If you have left your organisation and want to withdraw your PF fund, then PF form need not necessarily to be signed by Employer. It can be signed by any Gazetted officer or MLA or MP of your area with their stamp. Pls go ahead and withdraw without any litigation.

Guest (n/a)     25 March 2008

Hi Gurus, I worked with One Pvt Ltd company for 11 months after that i was terminated.My clarification is will i eligible to tranfer or withdram the EPF? Regards, Rajesh

partharajagopal (HR)     25 March 2008

Hi Rajesh, yes check with payslip if pf deducted u can approach ur current employer for transfer regards partha

ajay (HR)     18 April 2008

Hai, for transfering PF account is it compulsory to approach the employer or we can process through any gazetted officer

Suresh C Mishra (advocate)     22 May 2009

 hai deepak i am agree with the replies of all my learned freinds ,there is no remedy before the labour court by way of filing a case .

in case the employer not signing withdwal form , pl notice him of his act of breach of trust and againt complaint to EPF Enforecment officer in writing and in case they did not care then approach to the High court against them to get your money as PF. 

the employer is duty bound to sign , he can be prosecuted for breah of trust also. My experience is on this issue is that the in order to harrass the woker or to take undue advantage some emplyers do this practice which is illegal and unjustied and surely be opposed .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register