LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhakrishnan (BPO)     10 November 2011

Employer cruelty

Hello sir, I am working in a BPO for the past two months. Now presently, my employer started showing cruelty on me. even though i have worked 1.5 days continously and he is showing some dis satisfaction reports. I am totally demotivated and now they are planning to send me out.

Though i have collected the email evidence of my positive attitude and learning enthu. also i have the record of 1.5 days continous work..

Am i eligible to file  a defamation case  on my continous work and cruelty sections against my employer??? kindly suggest me sir.

Learning

2 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     11 November 2011

Go through the terms of  Employment Agreement executed at the time you joined.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 November 2011

Do you have a record of 1.5 days continuous work, and can you prove it?

Each company has a grievance reddressal mechanism. While some companies may have an effective system some may have a lack luster approach. These are the situations when employee can put employer to test.

Kindly form a community of employees facing "workplace harassment" and submit a gentle communication in writing to the appointing authority, MD, HR Head, Chairman, Company secretary, head of  committee. Be precise, specific, and gentle and avoid emotional outbursts. If all employees do so it is better. A good employer shall act immediately and swiftly. If it suits all employees may record such incidences.

If you are apprehending forced resignation, termination and if you are afraid that you can not handle such a situation, it shall be better to tender notice of resignation with effective date of resignation clearly mentioned in it, as per notice period, and hunt for new job. You can withdraw notice before effective date of resignation. If the company accepts resignation before the effective date of resignation, it can be termed illegal.

If you are good and employer/manager is bad, it is better to quit and let the employer suffer due to your exit. You can always report your complaints in your exit report.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register