LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

secret (super)     25 September 2010

Employee Termination

i have been working for a pvt. company since 3 years as a SBU Head. all of a suddern company boss asked me to terminate with a reason saying no business. where as my role itself to handle entire operation not core BD work.
every time the president says different story the reason for termination and threating to put in relieving letter with out any notice or payments.
is it ligal or can we take help of a  labour law firm.

if so let me know any good labor law advocate in hyderabad.

president has been practicing this termination process with most of the employee as and when he required. USe and through formula.




 5 Replies

vijay sahni (LAW PROFESSIONAL )     25 September 2010


Dear, R u still negotiating with your boss or have left. If you have left without any formal letter or termination and your unpaid dues with the company exceeds one month salary or the notice period,  please send a regd Ad letter letter to the company for releasing your unpaid amount/full& final. And in case there is no response consult your local council for issuing the notice.

harsh asthana (advocate)     25 September 2010

It seems you are working for a private company. As you are working in supervisory/Mangerila position The labour laws do not apply to you, and labour courts have no jurisdiction to entairtain your termenation.

Having said all this there is a way out and a suit can be initiated on wrong ful termination.

I have been handling cases of private employees and have also got sucess.

I am based in Hyderabad and can work for a legal solution to your termination

My contact details




Tel. No. 9849104235           E - mail hasthana@yahoo.com


secret (super)     25 September 2010


thanks Vijay

I am still Negotiating with my boss. surprisingly if any other employee ask any help from me, he said "you are also terminated as you are discussing with a terminated employee".

i supposed to get 2 months notice as per appointment letter. and 1 lakh service bonus for year 2009. though he said my last working day wll be 30th this month. he keeps changing his version always. i have all these in written but in E mail.



Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     25 September 2010

yes, you can raise an industrial dispute under Sec.2A of the Act. This is a clear case of illegal retrenchment. but you have to prove that you are/were performing duties of workman i.e. manual, skilled, technical . The nomenclature  SBU Head would make no difference if all or any of nature is found in your job. it is nature of job which brings an employee within the definition ambit of workman, designation has no role. 

1 Like

nilesh (lawyer)     25 October 2012

my client was on probation, suddenly he was fired with no notice, and no salary, what sud be the remeady

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register