Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. Mittal   01 June 2016

Emancipation

dear Sir/Madam,

I am 51 yrs. My wife died 3 years back due suicide. She was having genetic pshycatric disorder and this was her 2nd chance of suicide attempt. I had a son (born 1994) and a daughter (born 1991). My daughter alongwith my inlaws tried to blackmail me and my son for property and left home. 2 years back my son also died due to suicide. He left a note with negative remarks against my daughter. Now I want to disown my daughter. What is the procedure. She is well qualified (B. Tech MBA-IIM)

Learning

6 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     01 June 2016

There is no law or procedure to disown children born to U.If it is your self earned property,it is UR will and wish,U can gift it to anybody.UR daughter cannot have a direct claim on UR property as long as U are alive.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 June 2016

Your thought is very bad. Because of property you want to disown your daughter. We are all good human beings. we have to preserve our human values. Property is not permanent. Human values are permanent.

Right conclusion by Adv Ramachary.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     01 June 2016

Legally you cannot disown your children but disinherit them if you so desire.

You can make a Will in favor of someone who shall be the beneficiary to own your properties on your death.

You can even form a Trust with regard to your properties and the Trust so formed will have trustee to manage the properties as you wish to be managed.

In both the form you can specifically mention that you do not want your daughter to be associated in your properties and shall not get any share or benefit out of these properties anytime.

By the way, you are left with only a daughter now your wife and son died, so why you are throwing out your daughter out of your life at this age?

The author has remained silent to the replies of legal experts.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     01 June 2016

1) Concur with the responses of above all experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register