Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ravi   19 February 2022

Email overlooked - student debarred

Hi,

My daughter was ill as a result fell short of attendance and her name appeared in the students debarred list. She however approached the concerned professor who granted her written permission to appear for the exam. The same was e-mailed to the coordinator of exams. The coordinator unfortunately overlooked the mail and forwarded the list of debarred students without making the necessary changes at his end. Now the problem is that even though my daughter has appeared for her exam her result has been withheld in that particular subject. Since its a lack of communication on the part of the faculty, all pleas seem to be falling on deaf ears.

I request your valuable opinion and judgements that can help release the statement of marks of my daughter.

Kindly Help.

Thank you

Regards.

Dr Ravi

Learning

2 Replies

Sharmishta P Raj (nil)     22 February 2022

A lawsuit based on negligence is a type of personal injury claim. When someone acts carelessly and injures another person, they are legally liable. As in this case, due to the coordinator's negligence in overlooking your mail and forwarding the list of debarred students without making the necessary changes at his end, your daughter suffered despite her appearing for the exams.
Typically, educational institutions are considerate of children's medical conditions. If the coordinator of exams overlooked the mail you sent regarding your daughter's permission to appear for the exam provided by the concerned professor, he is liable for negligence and can be held for trial in a civil court for the same. 
You must show a failure on the part of the coordinator/ educational institution to meet their reasonable obligation of care to prove that they are at fault. You would also be required to illustrate proof of negligence. In this case, it would be the mail sent by you and the approval of the concerned professor. 
Thus to answer your query specifically-  You can file a lawsuit on negligence against the coordinator/ educational institution in the civil court.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Dr Ravi   23 February 2022

Thank you very much for your kind reply. It helps a lot and provides direction for me. I had approached the management and i think they must have realised their mistake and have assured me that they will remove her name from the debarred list.

Regards

Dr Ravi 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register