Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neil Paul   03 July 2021

Eligibility To Sue

Greetings to all. I would like to know what necessary steps should an individual take if there's any television series (web series) based upon a religious tale but is showing something extremely wrong and disguised than what actually is written in the Holy Book of that particular religion.

1.) Can we sue the production house for defamation?
2.) Since many people believe the television series more than what is actually written in Scriptures, can we sue the director and writter for manipulating the generation?

 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 July 2021

Complain in the nearest police station for inciting violence through wrong interpretation of the religious text to hurt religious sentiments..  In fact, there are more than 100 versions in Ramayana itself, and if one studies them, he gets doubts on the relationship of  Sitta with Rama.  Nothing is authentic and to dramatize the author may interpret in his own way and calling it "adoption".  Further, the author might have taken a version known to him, which is not known to you.  These are very to hard to prove when there is no authentic text.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 July 2021

There could be more than one version of stories. And it is part of creativity adopt a different perspective, which is not necessarily a cause for any action. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 July 2021

You can issue a legal notice to the serial director calling for explanation for telecasting incorrect information especially bout the religious details which causes hurt to the believers of the religion  and you can rely upon the relevant documentary evidences to prove that the serial telecast is wrong or incorrect and hurting the sentiments of the people of the said religion, besides you can even make a complaint to the ministry of broadcasting with relevant details.

If no action is taken by anyone on this you may even file a PIL before the high court seeking its intervention and proper remedy as per law.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query