LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shekhar (proietor)     15 July 2012


Our hou soc has 350 member. We held election. We have Rs. 45000 expenses for election. Co operative department appointed an election officer. Total 5 persons and police involved in election process. Now election officer has billed amount to society. Now question who shall raise a bill to housing society. Election officer or co operative department.? on which name cheque shall be issued. Here we have given cheque on the name of x y x ( name of the election officer) is it valid.? Does there should be bill from co operative department or election commission?


 3 Replies

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     21 July 2012

As per practice, the Election Officer usually estimates the expenditure on communications and transportation along with required arrangements and takes advance from the funds of the Coop.Society's from the Secretary of the incumbent Executive Committe and then renders the account back to the newly elected body i.e. President/Secretary.  All that expenditure shall be properly vouched which will be subjected to audit by the Auditors deputed from the panel of the Coop.Department.  I am not able to know how without any advance the Coop.Dept deputed Election Officer has incurred the expenditure and now raising a bill for Rs.45000.  However, as per Cooperative law and rules, the election expenditure is to be borne by the incumbent body of the concerned Coop.society.

shekhar (proietor)     21 July 2012

My question is on whose account, means on whose name the cheque shall be given. Whether co operative department (tdr/ddr) or the election officer.

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     23 July 2012

Pay the one who billed you i.e. Election Officer since he is the one who was authorised to conduct elections by the Cooperative Department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register