LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dibsha Nanda   04 July 2020


How can I file a case against an e commerce website which has not been refunding my money and their cutomer care is also not picking up my calls? 
please help me out with the law on this. 


 3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     04 July 2020

1. You can file a Police FIR (cyber cell), requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like Cheating, Intimidation, Fraud, Breach of Trust, Mischief etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting Documents, Evidences & Witnesses.

2.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet.  The said Person may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com


1 Like

Adv Keches Shilwante (Partner @ Legal Biceps)     04 July 2020

Online shopping is now quite popular in cities because of convenience and the wider options it offers. But buyers are left dissatisfied or cheated in many instances as well.The most common complaints are about not getting a refund or replacement, late delivery and misleading promotions. These complaints are filed as per the Consumer Protection Act because there are no regulations specific to e-commerce in India now.
So approach the consumer forum/commission. Take the help from local advocate.
1 Like

sribhusan sukla (Free Legal Consultations)     04 July 2020

See the Company name, it's address , it's Head office location. File a case before Consumer Forum for the deficiency in service claiming compensation for the deficiency including mental agony. Before that issue a legal notice to the Firm / Company describing relevant facts supported with evidence which can be proved. In the notice give a reasonable time of one month to it to comply the deficiency.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register