LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Walter white (Private employee)     24 October 2016

Dvc

My wife filed DVC against me and my whole family members. I went for the 1st hearing and received the content of the complaint. Not even a single point mentioned in the complaint is true. Everything is false. In addition to that, she is asking 10 lac as compensation for spoiling her life and 25 lac for protection of her and my daughter along with monthly maintenance. Initially I filed divorce unable to bear her intolerant behavior. In response, she filed 498a and DVC. She has been awarded 7k as interim maintenance. Divorce petition is filed in different court than where 498a and DVC have been filed. Our marriage lasted 4 years out of which we were blessed with a baby girl. My lawyers says get an order copy of interim maintenance and her petition can be quashed? Could someone guide me please? also can she ask any amount like that? I married her without taking a dowry.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     24 October 2016

Walter for settlement women can ask such amount as one time settlement amount.

Sachin (N.A)     24 October 2016

She can ask anything but she will not get anything , court can only grant maintenaince to al women, In your case court has already awarded her interim maintenaince .

Lawyers misguide their clients for filing more and more cases for their own benefit

Sachin (N.A)     24 October 2016

Similar discussion is going in another thread you can go through that it might help you.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Crpc125-143519.asp

A walk alone (-)     24 October 2016

As you say "I filed divorce unable to bear her intolerant behavior" , have you ever think before filing divorce future of your daughter. After child your first responsibility is your child. Your divorce will ruin your baby life. In your ego and anger you both forget your original responsibility. Have you ever meet any child whose parents are divorcee. I am sure you never take such steps. Anyway answer of your query, she can ask any amount but court will not grant same. Generally maintenance can be 1/3 of your salary. If you want to reduce maintenance then you have to prove her job or her source of income . But you have to pay for baby .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register