Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paruvatham (STL)     20 August 2016

Dv case filed by sister in law

My brother got married in 2005. In 2006 , she filed a legal separation against my brother. But it was against her and court ordered to go and live with my brother. After that ehy lived in her native for sometime and again came back to our place and lived for sometime (almost 1 year) in a separate house (almost 3KM apart from my parents stay). Suddenly, now she filed a case against my brother and family members (i am not part of the case) and they all got AB. Now she filed DV against our family. In this case, they included me also. 

Pl advise what step do we need to take to overcome this. 

she is doing this just  to crab money from us. Last time also, we gave her so much to live with my brother. Becuase of her toture, my brother is also not able to do any job permanently. He needs to change the job and place. Pl advise.


 3 Replies

Vibha   21 August 2016

  1. No remedy under DV act can be passed against you. You do not need bail nor do you need to attend court in this case. You can file a statement through lawyer and he can handle it. 
  2. These cases are very common and mostly false. No need to be scared of the case, no need to take her back under pressure and no need to pay big settlement.
  3. Defend the case with help of lawyer.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     21 August 2016

Dv case is civil in no arrests can be as advised by vibha

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     21 August 2016

Engage a competent lawyer and file a strong reply to her domestic violence petition.Thereafter if you manage to disprove her case, she will not be entitled to anything as in order to avail releif from a domestic violence court, it is essential for her to establish the comission of domestic violence as a pre requisite.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query