LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan (Software programmer)     12 March 2015

Dv act 2005

Hi, i am a software profesional working in a software company. I married on 8-2-2013 through arrange marriage. My wife has filed a Domestic violence case under DV act 2005 and in her statement she has mentioned that at the time of marriage, her parents and grandfather paid a sum of Rs. 8 lacs and jewellery, gold ornaments. In the her DIR report, she has also mentioned that she and her family has given me rs 8 lacs as dowry but i have not taken any money by any mean in my marriage.

As per the Dp act 3, giving dowry is a crime. so basis of these documents, can i file FIR under DP act 3.

Please suggest me...


thank you in advance


 7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     13 March 2015

Instead file a tep on them and that will bring the truth.if they are lieing about gold then ask them to produce the original bills and if you suspect that to be fake then file rti for getting information about vat and sales tax from the concerned department

Arvind Mishra (-)     13 March 2015

Sir, my friends wife has filed a DV case on him and she has submitted many false documents in the Court. on It my friend has submitted an application of 340 Cr.PC that she is telling lie. Her Lawyer was saying that we will file 617 application. Now my friend wants to know if court has allowed 340 CrPC application and send his wife in the jail after this can her lawyer file 617 application / Alligation revised application in the Court.


Please advise.

Rahul Dhingra (AM)     13 March 2015

Dear Friend,


Don’t worry and take the latest judgment of Supreme Court to police station and also speed post the same to them by cc to Higher authority of police of the area like IG and DGP.


For further advise and help see the Save indian family and MRA site.  


Ramesh Chander (Advocate)     13 March 2015


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 March 2015

@Narayan:      This is a mater to be challenged during trial.  If she has filed the complaint with false allegation, you first bring out the information  from her during cross examination and prove her to be wrong and false in her allegations after which on acquittal, you can file a defamation case too against her for defaming your name and reputation by such false cases both in criminal and civil laws.

Rahul Dhingra (AM)     16 March 2015

Agree with mr t kalaiselvan

Rahul Dhingra (AM)     16 March 2015

Agree with mr t kalaiselvan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query