Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Duplicate post office passbook left at counter

Dear members

Recently I have converted manual POST OFFICE PPF pass book to CBS based ppf account pass book. During printing  minute errors occered (but still valid)  due to this I requested them to give a fresh pass book,  which is whith me. The other pass book left there it self. later I  cound not trace it and post office conter also not responded to me. 

I am worried any one can misuse that account. 

pl. give suggestions to avoid misuse of that extra printed passbook. or Do I need to transfer from post office to any other bank account.

Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 June 2016

after issuing a fresh passbook the old one is no use.  however make a representation to the PM of that post office requesting him not to accept any transaction on the old passbook or to stop further transaction on that number until the cancellation of old one.

(Guest)

Or can I withdraw  per finacial year a very small amount say Rs.1000/- in the month of April just one time that that will not allow the second withdrawal in the same financial year.  ( only one withdrawal is permitted in PPF per financial year) 

pl. clarify is it correct what I am thinking.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 June 2016

The pass book is to be produced for entries. The rules are also printed on pass Book.

Write to Sub-Postmaster/Postmaster under proper acknowledgment, about loss of passbook.

Get your photo affixed and attested by Sub Postmaster in the passbook.

Register Nomination.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 June 2016

Your worries appears to be without any reason.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 June 2016

But for your confidence, issue a  Regd. Ack notice to Post master and also file this as grievance in their on line portal.  You can just inform them that the old pass book was lost, and not to act upon such old pass book.

(The pass book is not material for withdrawal, tallying of signature is the main criterion, and pass book is just a formality to identify customer.  Even without such pass books or cheques, the banking has developed so much with ATMs and on line transfers)

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 June 2016

IN all queries posted by the querist the worries seem to be without reason.

Post Office has installed ATM/s at some Head Post Office and has started issuing cheque books.

The customers may get photo affixed on pass books.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register