LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi   10 May 2018

Dual marriage pension and settlement

My father was a railway employee and he get expired after getting VRS accepted by railways. He gave the details of my mother and sister who is unmarried to the settlement and pension forum but the pension was not received till date. My a father also married a women from a Hindu temple 7years back and that marriage was not registered but they have a receipt acknowledged by the secretary of temple and a marriage photo. Recently when my father died she received the death certificate from hospital telling she is the wife and started bargaining with me for money. My father was her 3rd husband where others left her. She also don't have any children. Is there any right for her to claim for half pension and settlement?

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 May 2018

No this woman has no legal right to claim pension of your father as she was not legal wife of your father as your mother being the previous first wife only has claim of pension of your deceased father.

No this woman has no legal right to claim pension of your father as she was not legal wife of your father as your mother being the previous first wife only has claim of pension of your deceased father.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     11 May 2018

1. On what date did your father die?

2. On what date your sent the intimation about his death and to whom?

3. On what date you sent the request for grant of family pension to your motther?

4. Have you got the acknowledgement/postal receipt for item 3 above?

Abhi   11 May 2018

1)Date of death 26/4/2018

2)Intimated on the same day to station manager but death certificate was mandatory. so till now it's not submitted.

3)actually it was done already by father before 2weeks of his expiry and the next procedures will be initiated after receiving death certificate.

4)No, I didn't receive any acknowledgement till date.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     12 May 2018

The matter is not even one month old.  Therefore please wait.  

If nothing is heard after 2 months, then take up the issue.  In the meanwhile, better contact the authorities in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register