LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari   24 March 2021

Dps nacharam school not allowing students to attend classes

My children are studying in DPS Nachram Hyderabad. My children are not given access to attend classes as we haven't paid fees. but whereas I came to know other parents are given access to attend classes even though they haven't cleared the fees. 

we requested management to give us time to clear the fee due and also requested to give access to attend classes, they are not responding properly to email or phone calls. 

Experts, please give advice to whom we need to meet to get access for my children to attend classes. Do i need to go to Police Station or Consumer Court or HRD Office. 

Due to covid, all the classes are conducted online and our business is closed and we requested to give concession in payment of fees but school is denying that and not listing to our words. please give me advice. 

 1 Replies

Vasundhara Singh (Student)     11 June 2021


It is the fundamental right of the students to get education and no one can bar them from availing that right. There have been several cases during the pandemic where the parents were forced to pay fees and many students were barred from attending classes and exams as their parents were unable to pay the fees on time. The Supreme Court while hearing a petition filed by the Vidya Bhavan Society, the Managing Committee of Sawai Mansingh Vidyalaya, Gandhi Seva Sadan, and the Society of Catholic Education Institutions which challenged the Fee-Regulation Act 2016 stated that the parents have to pay 100% of fees of the schools which can be paid in 6 installments and in case they are unable to do so, the school cannot remove child's name from the school list  

The court also stated that no student can be debarred from attending online classes or offline classes due to the non-payment of fees. If the parents are unable to pay fees as per the order of the court, they can take up the matter before the management of the school. In case the management is not complying with the order of the court, the parents can take up the matter to the civil court of competent jurisdiction.  


Vasundhara Singh  


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query