LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sathish (student)     28 October 2013

Dp act 3 and 4 & 498a

Hello Advocates, My name is Sathish I am from Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad. My wife filed DP act 3 & 4 and 498A, recently we wrote agreement deed that they will withdraw all cases filed on me. But both sides lawyers are telling that they will withdraw 498A and DP act 3 & 4 in lok adalat held in next month 23rd.

1) Is it possible to withdraw or complete close of DP act 3 and 4 & 498A in lok adalat according to andhra pradesh rules?

one of my friend told me that it is not possible to withdraw DP act and 498A in lok adalat

Please tell me who is correct few months back my advocate also told me that it is not possible to close 498A and dp act 3 and in lok adalat but now he is telling that we will close the cases in lok adalat I told to opposite side lawyer after withdrawing of all cases then I will give divorce

Please tell me correctly is it possible to close all cases in lok adalt or not and who is correct accoring to andhra pradesh rules

Learning

5 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     28 October 2013

Hi satish,

AP is one of the only states to make 498a compoundable! That basically means that the party filing the case will be allowed to take the case back. I am not sure what the process is, but if the lawyers are stating that it will be done in Lok Adalat, then it must be accurate.

However, you have to remember, make sure the aggrement is re-read by atleast another external lawyer to ensure that it is water tight beuse you don't want them to use any loop holes to mess with you again. Having said that, even with the aggreement in place, will not stop the girl from fliing cases in the future. The agreement might help you when the case comes to court but, from what I have heard, it cannot prevent filing of cases. Pre-nup or post nup aggrements are not recoganised by Indian law.

Also, I truly hope that you are not paying money to get rid of this problem. If you are, you are only doing a great injustice to other men and their families as other girls might feel that it is a easy way to money. Which will only lead to more scruplous women to file more false cases. Best of luck.

sathish (student)     28 October 2013

Please find out the Andhra pradesh rules and tell me I am requesting all the lawyers and I am begging please tell me is it possible to withdraw or close of cases in lok adalat or not ? because here no one is giving proper information 

1) Is it possible to withdraw or complete close of DP act 3 and 4 & 498A in lok adalat according to andhra pradesh rules?

sathish (student)     30 October 2013

I am begging all of you Please give me correct answer

Is it possible to immediate withdrawal of DP act 3 and 4 & 498A  in LOK ADALAT (WITH OUT GIVING ANY 3 MONTHS PERIOD) because my lawyer once told me it is not possible now he is telling it is possible I can not believe my lawyer that's why I am asking so many times 

Sir if possible what is the procedure to follow in lok adalath ? to close all cases

what both parties have to say in LOK ADALAT to complete immediate close of 498A and DP act 3 & 4 Please sir tell me understand the position

Q Slinger (NA)     30 October 2013

DO you live in Hyderabad? You need to start doing some of your own research buddy! No free lunches here! You can gain knowledge by the following:

1. Approach multiple lawyers and request for info that you have requested here.

2. Search "withdrawal of DP3/4 by wife" , "Mutually Consented Divorce" and "withdrawal of cases by Memorandum of Understanding"?

3. Read the forum on 498a.org and other websites, which are available at plenty! 

BEst of luck

rajendra (na)     31 October 2013

Hi,

498A AND DP ACT 3 & 4 IS WITHDRWANABLE IN LOK ADALATH COURT.

YOUR WIFE SHOULD SAY SHE IS OK TO WITHDRAW THE COMPLAINT AND THEN JUDGE WILL ALLOW TO WITHDRAW THE CASE....

ITS IS COMPOUNDABLE ONLY IN AP FOR ANY STATE YOU HAVE TO FILE QUASHING IN HC SAYING ON COMPROMISE BASIS.....

GOOD LUCK

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register