LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hursha (Director)     13 December 2009

Dowry Prohibition Act - Amendment, Andhra Pradesh

Can anybody send me a soft copy (or post a link where I could download it) of the Amendment of the State of Andhra Pradesh for the Dowry Prohibition Act please ?

I understand that there could be small but important variations of this Act from State to State.

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     13 December 2009

Hursha (Director)     13 December 2009

Hi Mr. Reddy, The link on the State of Andhra Pradesh to the right of the screen does not work...Is there any othe place i can get the information ?

k.chandrasekharan (advocate)     15 December 2009

Notaries aregoverned by the Notaries Act 1952, which mentions their powers,duties and functions. It isa public office and can come under the definition of 'authority'.

There is no adjudicatory or resolution of disputes role assigned to a Notary. A quasi-judicial or judicial authority, or a statutory forum under the Consumer Protection Act or tribunals and comittees constituted under statutes, have such roles assigned and for limited purposes as mentioned in the statute, such bodies are deemed as 'courts'. Bodies like Ombusman, industrial tribunal,arbitral tribunal etc too have adjudicatory roles but  beyond powers to administer oath and receive evidence, they do not have the status of courts

Only the Supreme Court, High court,and civil and criminal courts in subordinate judiciary are courts in India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register