Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sun Roy (engineer)     20 June 2013

Dowry / loan

Dear sir,

I have a question, FIL was given some amount for the purpose of buisness (purchasing of machines) after the marriage of 1 year without any proof (no recipt) . After 2 years the same amount was returned by me without proof, no paper recipt , no bank entry. Now wife has registered a case for 498a and she shows that amount for a dowry. 

I heard that amount given for a purpose of buisness after 6 month is not considered as dowry. Since I have not any proof for returning the amount. I

Is it correct?

What should I do. Kindly suggest.

Thanking you in advance.

Roy

Learning

4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     20 June 2013

if you have any proof of giving like cheque or drawn from bank to give to your FIL 

as how he gave cash or cheque try to see any document you will find if not show the purchase of machines bill to show that you had taken hand loan from your FIL and paid back to him on words 

Sun Roy (engineer)     20 June 2013

Sir ,

thanks for ur reply

FIL has given by cash for purchasing. and i returned the amount through cash by taking money lender(without any paper work) so no proof for return the amount, cash returned.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     20 June 2013

then even they to not having any proof to show that you accepted cash (when ever it may be)

before that you show that you had taken loan from your friends to buy the machinery for your business who can given loan prepare documents 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2013

you are3 advised "before that you show that you had taken loan from your friends to buy the machinery for your business who can given loan prepare documents "

then be ready to bring your firnds as witnesses who should be harned liars who should sustain cross-examination.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register