LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya   04 January 2020

Dowry harassment by taking away my things

My husband has filed a divorce case against me. I have filed a dowry case against him and got the csr copy. The thing is I have proof that my husband has beaten me up during my 8th month of pregnancy. Later on I delivered my baby in 9th month which was preterm. My husband and their family members have taken up all my belongings which includes my jewels and all the house hold things and vacated our rented home without my knowledge.. Now they are claiming that we don't have anything with us.. As it is love cum arranged we only bought all the things . The sad truth is I don't have any proof for my things and jewels How can I get that back Note: fotos taken in marriage all are with them. Even in that after mrg only I was wearing jewels and no fotos of that. They even took my child's jewels If I give mutual divorce they will return itseems. The bills for the things are lost and we tried to get only few bills.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     04 January 2020

Dear madam,

You should have all the proof regarding purchase of jewellery. In mutual consent you can negotiiate on one time settlement amount.

Regards,

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 January 2020

Now the ball is in court, inform list of your belongings to court, and produce as many receipts as possible.  That is the only thing you can do at this point of time.  What guidance you exactly need at this point is not posted.

Shashi Dhara   04 January 2020

You issue legal notice to return the ornaments and jewels also maintenance suit for you and Ur child u/s125crpc .

Free Legal Help India   04 January 2020

YOU SHOULD FILE CASE 406 IPC, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, AND 125 CRPC AND 498A CASE. FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT MY NO. 9719775005 ADVOCATE ARSHAD ALI ZAIDI.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 January 2020

You have already engaged /paid an able, competent and intelligent lawyer, proceed as advised by him/ her without waiting for an obligation ( although it is available FREE OF COST) of experts on this platform, which is bound to differ as it is based on limited facts posted by you.However, if you have lost faith in your lawyer change him/her immediately. If you want second opinion it is advisable to consult another local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of fact/documents and guidance/proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register