IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VENKS (S)     17 January 2010

Dowry case


I am from Bangalore.  Dowry case has been filed against my family.  I have two questions.  Firstly,  can we fight the case without the lawyer (like doing the cross examination by ourselves) since we have the evidence to prove all the allegations wrong.

Secondly, the case is in the trial stage, some 3 witnesses are pending to give their statement in the court (cross examination will start in another 2 months).  Can we approach High court for quashing at this stage?



 5 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     17 January 2010

It is advisable to take the assistance of a advocate.  Otherwise you may face hurdles with the procedural laws and various other legal issues. 


It is not the right time to apply for quashing the proceedings.  It should have been done long before.

Prashant Kumar Jha (Practicing Lawyer)     20 January 2010

Firstly i advice u 2 take help from lawyer bcoz only cross questioning is not the matter,a lots of legal issue will come in trial & u will b unaware for tat.

2nd if u r having a lots of evidiences to prove the case false then plz concentrate ur mind in trial becoz in this stage Hon'ble Highcourt in quashing Application may pass order for speedy trial & finish the trial, so i will not advice u 2 move 4 quashing.

VENKS (S)     21 January 2010

Thanks for the reply

Syed Adbul Khader Jeelani (Advocate 9642388507)     21 January 2010

Engage Advocate though you may be having evidence and you may be familiar with evidence act and all yet a doctor cannot operate for himself. If you come out of the case beyond resonable dout you can file malicious prosecution case against them.

DR.SANAT KUMAR DASH (Eye Specialist)     31 January 2010

 IT    IS   ALWAYS     ADVISABLE      TO   ENGAGE      AN      ADVOCATE      FOR         THE    CASE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query