Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (abc)     04 January 2011

Doughters right

Hi,
My wife she was married with family force with some one after marriage she was runaway and married with me.

Since then (almost 27 years)  , she don't have any contact with her family.

Her father had some property and he died now. still i have a rights to claim this property. ? Or any law is i need to claim my rights with in some years ?

Learning

7 Replies

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     04 January 2011

It is all depends upon the nature of the property.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 January 2011

Originally posted by : Uma parameswaran
"
It is all depends upon the nature of the property.
"

@ Uma,

You being advocate very well know that a son In Law does not have any right in FIL property ! Infact women's org. today are not allowing the IrBM Bill not passed because of reverse rights i.e. at the time of divorce Husband's acquired ancesteral property rights they (ex wife) wants.

So your bald legal answer to authors question i.e does he has any rights now or later to claim his dead Father In Law's property is totally wrong and misguding information from a laweyer to a general public. Kindly read questions first and unless a advocate know the legal answers refrain from answering all and few questions whose expertise you may not have. Like if you are not into taxation then donot reply legal questions pertainign to taxation issues is my request.

"A son in law has no legal right to claim father in laws property as per present Family or Civil Law is the right answer. "

Kindly don't change law at your dream fancies. 

venkat (Employee)     04 January 2011

I think the topic titile says 'Daughter's Right'. Both answers do not make sense.

Suresh (abc)     04 January 2011

Ok, i think you guys mistken my question, i am not claiming my father in low property, but my wife planning from her father own property, who died with out any will.

Pritam Saini, Advocate (Advocate)     05 January 2011

if your father in law died prior to amendment i.e. 2005 of Hindu sucession Act then your wife is entittled share in self acquired property not in ancesstrel property. if he was died after amendment then your wife is entittled equel share as son in all type of property.

Suresh (abc)     07 January 2011

My Next question, is there any issue with my wife  first marriage, since  my wife didn't get legal divorce from first marriage , but we rigistered our marriage. this make any issue  for my wife claiming here father property.

Since she don't have contact with her family last 27 years. this cause any negative in court ?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     07 January 2011

Your marriage, whether legal or illegal has no issue with your wife's right over her father's property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register