Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh Arya (Software engineer)     21 August 2013

Doubt about registry

Hello Sir(s),

I have a doubt. Recently, I have bought two adjacent plots in a city (in Uttaranchal), one of which is a corner plot (i.e., according to the given layout map by the builder, it has roads on two sides and property on two).

While doing registration, builder's lawyer have mentioned the road on only one side and property on three sides. When I questioned him about that then he said that it does not matter and this is a set format for registration of land.

He did the registry with only one side road and I paid the amount asked.

I believe that is not completely correct and I might have to face problems because of this glitch in registration document!

I want to know that what are the implications not mentioning the road on one side and also if required how it can be fixed in future (via an affidavit or something).

We also, have paid the lawyer extra to take care of Dakhil kharij and for that he said that it will take 1.5 months time. Is this correct?

Thanks in Advance,

Ashutosh Arya

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     24 August 2013

The general principle is " buyer beware". From your query, if the plot mentions road on one side and property on the other three sides, even at a later date, you cannot change the nature of the transaction as you have paid  and accepted the present transaction. Pl check the approved plan of the layout and you will have a better idea as to the intention of the developer/builder.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register