LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ppreddy   16 August 2020

Double registration of property

I have purchased a residential plot in a layout about 20 years back and the plot is registered on my name. As I was outside India due to professional engagement, I could not verify the document registered. When I checked the status about 5 years ago, it was a case of Double Registration i.e. the same plot is registered twice, the other being the prior registration before the plot is registered on my name. The person who signed my registration is expired and also he is one of the partner( the other two are alive ) who promoted the venture. I approached the other partners and explained them about Double Registration, they told me they are exploring for potential buyer for the entire layout, and once It is finalized they will allot one plot for me. Again I approached the other partners about two years back, they now tell me that I should approach the same person from whom I purchased the plot in spite of knowing that person is no more alive. I want my plot back with ownership title and I request you to suggest possible options so that I get back my asset as I am a genuine buyer.

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 August 2020

Consult a local lawyer and file a case in the court.  A registered document has to be cancelled by the court only.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 August 2020

Take care of the limitation period and you have to take swift action.  The first course is to find out the name of the other buyer, and the powers and capacity of the partner in the firm (Apply and secure a copy of partnership deed), then issue a notice to both the builders.   Once you raise the issue, there is a possibility of compromise, as it is presumed that your case may not be the only one and there may be many.   Also, find out as to how many plots were still remaining unsold so that you can obtain an injunction or some kind of security to bring pressures on the builder.   Once a legal threat is there, there may be chances of compromise.   Contact local advocates with more facts.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     17 August 2020

Query isn't  clear to me. You may explain with correct dates and names.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 August 2020

Who is in possession/occupation of the property?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     18 August 2020

The first registration is legal one ,you are second buyer of same property its fraudulent action. you can file criminal case against ancestors   of seller and the person who purchased firstly.

Actually 7/12 extract is required while selling the plot.

you may contact with fact details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register