Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SATYA PAL SINGH (Jt Secretary)     13 July 2016

Donating incestral property


A father has one son and a daughter. He has a piece of agricultural land which is his ancestral property inherited to him as per his share (he has one brother)on demise of his father.

Can he donate this ancestral land to his son without having obtained written consent (No Objection) from his daughter? This happened in year 2012-13.

Your valuable advice can give some relief to the agrieved and deserted daughter.



 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2016

Mutation to be done from grand father name to his son. Mutation is the change of title ownership from one person to another when the property is sold or transferred. By mutating a property, the new owner gets the property recorded on his name in the land revenue department and the government is able to charge property tax from the rightful owner. The documentation procedure and the fee payable vary from state to state.

1 Like

JustAdvisor (IT)     13 July 2016

what is the religion of parties?

SATYA PAL SINGH (Jt Secretary)     13 July 2016

Hindu, Sir

JustAdvisor (IT)     13 July 2016

show all documents on record to an able counsel. in my opinion the daughter has a reasonably good case.

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     13 July 2016

Read SC Judgement Phulavati vsPrakash, which authenticates the rights of daughter's in coparcenory properties. 

For more clarification consult an Advocate.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads