Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Domestic Violence

Hallo All Learned Friends

I have query in DV Act2005

A married educated woman belongs from educated well settled family, can harras the husband?

i think the DV Act come in force to give justice poor lady.

Comment pls

Learning

8 Replies

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     05 March 2010

you are wrong.

'woman belongs from educated well settled family, can harras the husband?' -  yes. they do it more cleaverly. 

(Guest)

but sir purpose of this act not complying. coz dvact was come in force to help needy woman not every one

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     05 March 2010

i am not talking  about a very perticular case. might be your client is innocent in this regard.

sunil pagare (lawyer)     05 March 2010

The object of this act is to protect women from domestic violence. No discrimination on financial status of women. To avail the a remady under this act applicant must be a woman.

rajesh saharan (ADVOCATE)     05 March 2010

2(a) "aggrieved person" means any woman who is, or has been, in a domestic relationship with the respondent and who alleges to have been subjected to any act of domestic violence by the respondent;

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     05 March 2010

I have a doubt. Mr. Law Juris Mumbai, has told us that

"A married educated woman belongs from educated well settled family, can harras the husband? "

So, I want to know whether he is trying to ask,  if any husband can file a case under DV Act against his wife, or, can an educated woman can be harrased ...   :/  As reagrds the issue of who cna be the 'complainant' , Mr Rajesh has already replied.

vijayakumar (proprietor)     06 March 2010

Sir,

Women can harras by Law wether they are educated or not. The  law is protecting them.  Even  in the case of Dowery etc - it the women who is responsoble

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     08 March 2010

Any woman can harass her husband by abuse of process of law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register