Domestic violance

I am writing for my sister and she grown up in a conservative muslim family. her marriage was 22 years ago and she got three kids of 20,15 and 12 yr ages. She suffers domestic violance from her husbnd for the last 22 years as he brutally beating her often. myself and father have gone for resolution for more than 50 times in these years, since we want to maintain their relationship for the good of their kids.

about six months ago out of suffocation she directly went to district police women cell and complained. they gave advises and three counselling. But my bother in law started revenge of that and started making issues to expell  her from house. Initially he told her that she keeps relationship with men to let her down. She sustained with the advises of us. Two months back he started talking linking her having s*x with her 20 year old son. He behaves always suspecting her even from her son. In the middle she was beaten up many times and she regularly phone me and complain about his behavioural change.. One month back he send his elder son to our house and told to my parents that he should go for study from our house. He is afraid of his father and he doesn't speak anything in return. I allowed my parents to keep him in our house as my parents are alone in the house as I am in banglore. 

The things are going worse now as he is now forcing her to do vulgar s*x with him in the night citing that he would teach her more satisfaction than her son is giving.. Though I am her brother she tell all this things to me for her mental relief. she tried to commit suicide many times and she talks to me now days continuosly for minutes. I am hearing all but I don't have a solution to say since I am satying with my family away and my parents are afraid of her and the kids future 

Please advise some solution as a brother I can do.. She will not file a domestic violance petition as she is already afraid of the bad effects she is bearing due to her earlier petition to womens cell. She is taking medicine for depression and she cited about his behavious to doctor infront of him, but no change.. 


Excellent Lawyer

Its a very difficult job in brining up girl child.  Girl child should be brought up so that she can live in a hut or live in a palace, mean to say she should adjust with husband whoever he is, cant expect each and every man to be Raj Kundra or Vijay Mallya.


Now so many years have passed away.  The woman has already gone to police station, what else she can do?  She can file for divorce, file DV case, File host of other cases including forcing for unnatural s*x.


At this age going to court?  Judges/Magistrates will be 30+, it will be so shameful to go stand in front of a baccha and ask for justice.


Another major thing I have notices in women is, their mouth wont shut, they keep bickering, thats the main reason for all the maar peet/ladai jhagda.


One more thing is, jab tak sunne wale rahenge, tab tak sunane wale rahenge, the more you lend your ear to your sister, the more she will confide/complain.  20 years over and she is still not able to handle her husband?  I say you better keep quiet, and ask her to  control her tongue and adjust with husband by showing him love and affection. or can approach local lawyer and be ready to file divorce/DV/498a/Maintenance etc .




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x