Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Does filling anticipatory bail amounts to guilty mind?

Page no : 2

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     07 December 2009

I seem to have been misunderstood.

My specific query is whether

You went to the police station as a common man with a complaint.

Accompanying your client is on a different footing.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     07 December 2009

Looks like this discussion has long ago left the path - Most have not properly understood Mr. Assumi's point.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 December 2009

Dear Venkat Rao Ji, such practice is not unknown to this forum. you opened a discussion on the Mon and the Sun and slowly and gradually you started discussing about the rivers and Mountains.It is something like you filed a civil suit and started discusing criminal case.

SANJEEV KUMAR (STUDENT)     07 December 2009

Mrs Hetal Ji/Arun Ji

What you did was from humanity point. But now a days people are very professional. Once I was in court one couple who compromised after 498A and when judge asked where are your lawyers. Couple openly asked the judge that our advocates are not giving our files and they do not want our compromise and asking for money. This is other side of story which is prevalent most of the times. Lawyers do not reach the court in time. Little respect for client. I am having personal bad experience but any how ............part of life. Sun & Dark, Head & Tail  are always there

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 December 2009

Thanks Sanjeev, I am enjoying the discussion.

S.B.Sharma (President)     07 December 2009

No,definitely not. As a Law graduate, I don't believe in any guilt in mind in moving such an application for AB......

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     07 December 2009

No filing of the AB does not amount to be guilty, but it only applies that this person has sort legal protection for the possible arrest against him. In family matters 498a is most commonly used tool for which the AB is taken be many persons. This is useful for the common man where the system works under the concept "Guilty Until Proven Innocent"

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     10 January 2010

criminal / bail matters now a days are the sole discreation of judges

and thats a too much discreation

guilty or not guilty is matter of trial

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 January 2010

Discretion is corruption.

Harish K. Chandak (Advocate)     11 January 2010

No at all ... cause it is -ve attitude of people's.  till anticipatiry bail does not give any presumption of existence of any guilt."

shrikant chede (law officer)     11 January 2010

in criminal law accussed is innocent untill guilt is proved , anticipatory bail is useful to saves ones reputation

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     11 January 2010

There is certainly a stigma attached to us when a policeman visits our home even though it may be for verification in the case of issue of passport. 

Legally, ABP does not make one guilty or innocent but the social set up thinks otherwise.

Fareed Khan   24 July 2020

Bail filling steps

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register