LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

asokan (cs)     20 August 2008

Documents kept by lawyer

Certain Documents have been kept by a lawyer though  fees  have been  paid in full  in a particular suit . How these documents could be collected from  him? Please offer your views citing judicail precedents.  

Learning

7 Replies

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     21 August 2008

Sir an advocate is a person who bears all your problems in return of
some fee. TO be frank your query is not clear. Had you advocate filed
those documents in court? Then it will take some time to obtain
certified copies and substitute the same for originals. Please think
twice before making an allegation against an advocate? its my humble
request.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     22 August 2008

Dear Asok,

You paid the entire fees. Normally Your Advocate will give back the entire files related to youir case. But here some thing fishy between you two. What is it? Tell the facts in detail. You will get the correst  answer then.

mastanrao.bhogadi (advocate)     16 September 2008

Dear Asokan,

your query is not clear .

1. For what pupose  you handed over documents to your lawer? If they have given for filing into court what is the stage of your case ? If any appeal is pending?More particulars are required to answer your query. Generally no lawer can retain the documents of a client .Clearly inform what happened and what is truth.O.K.

jatin sharma (LAWYER)     15 October 2008

hi asok ur problem is very simple but told me a full matter than i help u proply ok but ur knowlegde if ur lawyer does not giving ur case related document than u can fill application at same court for recovery of document  ok

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     18 October 2008

Your query is not clear. However if your advocate is intentionaly harassing you, you can move to the Bar council for the State and file a petition for misconduct by the advocate.

But that is the last thing one should do,

I advice you to first try to settle the matter cooly with the concerned adv by having a meeting and making all the things clear.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     18 November 2008

I do agree with all my friends.

Arbind Kumar (Job)     26 November 2008

ya

all are right

Arbind

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register