Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shree. ( Advocate.)     26 September 2008

Doctor couple's humanitaian gesture!!!!!!!!!

Doctor couple's humanitaian gesture!!!!!!!!!

CHENNAI: For S Ashokan and Pushpanjali, it was the toughest decision of their life. Struggling to cope with the news of their 15-year-old elder son having suffered serious injuries in a road accident, the doctor-couple had to discuss donating his organs even as he was battling for life. On Tuesday morning, after doctors declared Hithendran ‘brain dead’ his parents decided to donate all his organs — his heart, kidneys, liver and eyes — to different hospitals in the city.

“We thought he would bring us laurels with his academic excellence. But now he has earned fame by donating his organs to five or six people. I am happy he lives through others, even though we miss him,” Ashokan said.

Despite going through intense trauma after being told that their son was unlikely to regain consciousness, Ashokan and Pushpanjali signed the necessary papers to donate their son’s organs. Hithendran’s eyes were donated to Sankara Nethralaya, where two people will hopefully regain vision after surgery on Tuesday, while his heart was donated to a leading cardio-specialty hospital. His liver and kidneys were retained and harvested at Apollo Hospitals, where he was admitted, and his bone marrow would be banked for treatment of cancer patients.

The family is from Thirukazhukunram, a town in Chengalpattu district, about 50 km from Chennai. At about 6.30 pm on Saturday, Hithendran, who had a fancy for bikes, took his father’s vehicle, despite his mother’s objections, and sped away to see some friends. His mother’s plea to him to wear a helmet was drowned by the sound of the bike speeding away.

On his way back, the boy swerved while trying to avoid a speeding bus and hit a stationary wood-laden fish cart. He was thrown off the bike and suffered grievous injuries.
 Post your views.

Learning

5 Replies

SHEKHAR MISHRA (public servant)     26 September 2008

Dear   Shree!

I    think    that  Hithendran    has    not     died. He     is    still   alive!   So   far  as  Ashokan     and   pushpanjali     are  concerned ,    I   salute    them .

(Guest)

That's what I call guts. To do a selfless act when you have lost almost everything.

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     26 September 2008

dear breaved parents ,

your great sacrifice ,a rar e  service to huminity, i shal try to propagate in our national transplant conferences.my best regards with the memorandum---"here he lies, where he longs to be.--home is the sailor ,home from the sea,and  the hunters from the hills.  from requem   he will be in our hearts.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 October 2008

Dear shree,

The doctor couples need to be recognised as the best citizens and honoured with highest award .They desrve  honour by the Presidential accreditation for the philanthropical move at the time of duress.

Senthil Kumar (Patent Consultant)     06 October 2008

Salute!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register