Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (director)     25 October 2012

Do i need lawyer for 13(b)2 or one lawyer will do for both?

Please tell me.. do i need to engage a lawyer for 13B(2) or the other side lawyer can do the formality for both,,

i think only indentification need to be done by lawyers, if 13b2 application already drafted,


on the other hand.. do we really need any lawyer for 13B(2)

matter is in delhi district court- family court.


urgent reply expected






 9 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     25 October 2012

Dear Querist,


Its your prerogative. You may engage one adv. alone for both parties. However, in order to avoid a situation not so contemplated leading to legal complication, it is thus advisable if you have your own adv. to lead you in your side of case.


Rabin Majumder


rahul (director)     25 October 2012


Rabin Majumder



where is there is no respondent on mutual divorce 13b1 and 13b2

then there nothing like he will lead my case,


if you see in MCD


there is

petitiioner no 1 and petitioner no 2.


so, when both are petitioners. then there is no meaning of my side.



what if we both go without any lawyer?


there will be joint statement  of P-1 and P-2,

and then judge's order.




rajiv_lodha (zz)     25 October 2012

Yes, appear as party in person, both of u or U atleast

R K........ (Analyst)     25 October 2012

Just once carefully check the petition prepared by the lawyer.. that's it



Can second motion petition be manipulated too?How?Is not it  a simple recall of events and no reconciliation possible staement?



If you can pls provide the format to me too or share it in this post i need one too urgently.My lawyer not working as required.


Any precautions to be taken while getting sec. petition drafted?


Don't even think of going without a lawyer in MCD. A Mutual Consent Divorce agreement envelopes within it many issuses such as maintenance etc. A lawyer knows the import of a legal expression in a way which a layman does not understand. Don't take the risk.

2 Like

R K........ (Analyst)     30 October 2012


The second option with you is that before going there, tell their lawyer to mail you the format they have drafted and u can get this checked with some lawyer and tell them the modifications

Dont forget to get the alimony amount included in the petition..

Second option is to hire some local lawyer.. he will hardly take 4K-5K

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query