Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dheeraj Katari   11 October 2021

Divorced and got married to 2nd wife will the husband be rejected govt. job on the grounds of having 2 wives living

A man had got married in 2012 but her wife filed a false case of harrasment and compensation because she wanted to marry someine else.
in the court of trial when husband paid her 50000 mutually out of court. She withdrew the case and married other man.
the first husband registered for divorce and got married with other woman.
Now this husband is selected for govt. job and he has to fill a declaration for

what option should he choose.

1. Married and has a single wife
2. has 2 living wifes
3. has married and contracted a second marriage

and as wife has file case of 498 A false case if domestic voilence in this matter will the govt job be denied to husband and what will be impact of it on his police verification for central hovt service he is going to be selected in.
please guide.

 2 Replies

Amith K (NA)     11 October 2021

The query is not clear about whether a divorce decree was granted by a competent court.

If presumed the decree was granted, then there are no 2 wives only 1 wife and I believe he should select 'married and one wife living',

If the decree was not granted both are guilty of bigamy. They need to wait for the divorce decree.

I am not sure that the 2 and 3 options are available in the declaration form. 


As to police verification, usually only those offences that get registered in police files are found in search report and not the private complaint (as in your case) filed in court. However in your declaration for offence being registered in your name or any case is pending in any court of law, you may need to provide the details of the 498A case.


1 Like

Anusha Singh   12 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information about the divorce with first wife and about the appointment of government job if you have a pending case against you.

Assuming that you have obtained the divorce decree from the concerned Court of Law and then you had your second marriage then it is a valid marriage and you can mention in the form that you are legally married to your second wife.

Coming to your second query, “Yes” government officials may deny the job to any person who has any pending criminal proceedings against him.

Until you obtain the acquittal from the concerned Court you will not be entitled to get the government job. As you are offered with the government job you have to clearly mention about the pending case against you.

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query