LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth Suthar   10 May 2021

Divorce under 300 rupees stamp paper

My wife has take divorce from me 6 month ago on 300 Rupees Stamp paper with title mentioned Mutual consent . now she did second marriage . we have not take divorce from court . I have no other documents related divorce except Agreement . what i should do . what i can do . i am leaving in Mumbai and she is belongs to Ahmedabad. My marriage registration has been done and have registration number


 8 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     10 May 2021

That means that was not a divorce! 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 May 2021

Divorce on Rs 300/ stamp paper is not valid in eye of law. You being hindu and also got your marriage registered so such agreement does not dissolve the marriage and as per law you need to file divorce petition before family court.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 May 2021

Invalid before law

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 May 2021


Divorce on stamp paper agreement is not valid divorce. Yoi have to approach court and file mutual consent divorce application in court.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 May 2021

Divorce by panchayat is not valid and is not legal. the governement departments therefore shall not recognise your divorce through panchayat. Best way is go for divorce by mutual consent from the court and also convince your Ex-wife for this. You and your Ex-wife shall be benefitted for the future.

Siddharth Suthar   10 May 2021

which kind of action I can take against her

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     10 May 2021

Is this a game for you! 

Vandan Kumar   11 May 2021

you can file a suit for bigamy against her againt 2nd marrige,
cont. 9326366062 for detailed clarification if in Mumbai.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query