LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajendra (na)     09 July 2014

Divorce transfer


Wife filed Transfer Petition in High court and Its just listed today..No notices Served to us..

My query is whether is it mandatory to take the notices of high court ?

what will happen if i won't take it?

I heard most of the cases judge simply give in favour of the woman in case of transfer petition...what in case of no child and impotency cases?

how long will take generally to get the stay order or to transfer to another court?


 4 Replies


It is mandatory in your own good to take the court notices. If you are avoiding it then the court is going to give one sided or ex parte order in your wife favor after sending few notices. Courts and laws are women centric so it is likely that court will order in her favor but its not a common thing and depends mostly on case to case. Transfer doesn't matter with impotency or no child. Also depends on court to court about the time taken to order for transfer. If order for transfer has been given then only you can go for stay in higher courts. Not much facts given to explain everything. 



kumaran (eng)     10 July 2014

All the law and court are in favour of WOMEN only. Please you must careful to handle the case. Men are treated like slaves in front of the women dominance. Its my own experience.  Even I have a solid profs and as per law have every thing but I am struggling for many years.


rajendra (na)     13 July 2014

Wife filed transfer in high court..

Wife staying in X place and i have filed in Y wife wants to move this case to X place..

Can i request High court to move this to another court in Z place...By stating i have threat in X place...

X-->in one district

Y-->in another district

Z-->in another district

My DVC case going on X place from Jan 2014 and i have attended only one time(last week) and now i registered FIR in my home town on them 420 case and in FIR i have mentioned i have threat from them 

What would be the response from the High court..


You can counter the transfer petition to be in middle of both of your districts that mean your Z district.

Why you have filed 420. What cheating your wife have done. Do not just file FIR for counter blast unless you know what you are doing and you have sufficient evidence to prove it. If you do not prove your 420 against them then they will file defamation against you which will get you quite much in trouble.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query