LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sataya insan (....)     13 October 2011

Divorce threats by wife after 24 yrs of marriage

Hi i AM BEING THREATNED BY MY WIFE FOR DIVORCE AFTR 24 YEARS OF MARRIAGE.

- I have 1 son aged 17 years, who is supporting the mother UNCONDITIONALLY.

- my father has recently bought a propertty in his and my joint nAME. aCTUALLY MY WIFE WANTED THE NEW PROPERTY IN HER NAME ONLY. WE DIDNT DO THAT AND SHE IS TAKING REVENGE NOW.

- SHE IS ASKING ME TO GIVE HER 50k IN MAINTAINCE TO CONTINUE THE MARITAL RELATIONS OTHERWISE THREATNING FOR DIVORCE.

MY QUOTIENS FOR THE FORUM FOR HELP ?

1.CAN WIFE CLAIM MAINTAINCE EVEN AFTER 24 YEARS OF MARRIAGE

2. SHE IS EARNING 60k PM, i EARN 45k PM, SHE HAS lUXURY CAR WORTH 13 LACS, AND FLAT WORTH 1 CR IN HER NAME. CAN SHE STILL CLAIM MAINTAINCE?

3. CAN SHE CLAIM SHARE IN PROPERTY JOINTLY OWNED BY MY FATHER AND ME?

4. CAN SHE CLAIM SHARE IN PROPERTY OWNED BY ME IN LIGHT OF FACTORS SIGHTED ABOVE ?

5. WHAT ARE THE POINTS WHICH WILL SUPPORT ME? 6. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

rEGARDS: sATAYA INSAN

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

what is the role of

your son in thses matter?Did your wife invested in your said property??

1.CAN WIFE CLAIM MAINTAINCE EVEN AFTER 24 YEARS OF MARRIAGE.....yes

2. SHE IS EARNING 60k PM, i EARN 45k PM, SHE HAS lUXURY CAR WORTH 13 LACS, AND FLAT WORTH 1 CR IN HER NAME. CAN SHE STILL CLAIM MAINTAINCE?..no but your son will get till his majority

3. CAN SHE CLAIM SHARE IN PROPERTY JOINTLY OWNED BY MY FATHER AND ME?......no in your lifetime

4. CAN SHE CLAIM SHARE IN PROPERTY OWNED BY ME IN LIGHT OF FACTORS SIGHTED ABOVE ?

5. WHAT ARE THE POINTS WHICH WILL SUPPORT ME?....what do you want from this marriage?

6. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?..solve it through discussion.

(i m not a lawyer)

sataya insan (....)     14 October 2011

what is the role of

your son in thses matter?Did your wife invested in your said property??my son is taking his mom's side and does not listen to me or anybody at all. no my wife has not invested in said property.

1.CAN WIFE CLAIM MAINTAINCE EVEN AFTER 24 YEARS OF MARRIAGE.....yes

2. SHE IS EARNING 60k PM, i EARN 45k PM, SHE HAS lUXURY CAR WORTH 13 LACS, AND FLAT WORTH 1 CR IN HER NAME. CAN SHE STILL CLAIM MAINTAINCE?..no but your son will get till his majority

3. CAN SHE CLAIM SHARE IN PROPERTY JOINTLY OWNED BY MY FATHER AND ME?......no in your lifetime

5. WHAT ARE THE POINTS WHICH WILL SUPPORT ME?....what do you want from this marriage?

6. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?..solve it through discussion.

Also thanks Utpala kaur for taking time out and councelling me, really appreciate your efforts from core of my heart.

can my wife file petition under 498A, or domestic violence even after 24 years of marriage given facts we have 17 yr son, she is well educated and commanding senior position in corporate life and earning more than me.

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     14 October 2011

Why did the dispute start?? Did u try to resolve those issues before they became so complicated. If the property is in husbands name then it is as good as of only wife and only son. Why she fears?? Who she fears who will become beneficiary/ claiment??

Find the truth and come back with roots of issues.

(Guest)

something most important you are hiding... its not just property... do you have any extra marital flings... why does your son oppose in the first place... doesnt he know that after your death its his property? or is it? give in full, get in full details...

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 October 2011

Yes, she can file 498-a and DV even after 24 years of marriage.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register