LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan   27 March 2022

Divorce petition

wife married 2nd time in 2019 and by depressing her 2nd marriage, she filed for divorce in the year 2021 under cruelty and insertion grounds.

I filed counter with her 2nd marriage proof in march 2021

in September 2021, Judge tried to give exparty stating I did not file counter. then when I filed counter via email , then the court kept it on record. In a recent hearing, the judge said the opposite party did not get counter-petition.


Query 1:Can I filed my own divorce petition on grounds of Bigamy

Querry2 :If I complain  on court will the court take revenge on me?


 4 Replies

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     27 March 2022

In March 2021 if you filed the conter through online, you plese check up at that time the lockdown is there.  Furthe if your wife married without obtaining divorce, you can file a private omplaint under Bigamy since the marriage is not valid.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2022

You have already engaged an able, competent and intelligent lawyer who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case(s) what is his / her opinion / advise ?

Have you lost faith in your counsel ? If so, change him / her immediately.

Why do you need second opinion on the basis of limited, vague and confusing facts except the fact that it is available free of cost on this platform ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 March 2022

Bigamy is a ground for seeking divorce. Judges would come and go, but the courts function on the basis of the basics of law which is bound to be impartial.

Pavan   29 March 2022

Sir but judges are not following law.If I complain  on court will the court take revenge on me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register